Looking for a good case, want an opinion on one

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Watabou, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Hey guys. I was looking for a good case/slip on case for my iPhone. My last iPhone had an Invisible Shield and when I gave it back to Apple to replace it, I had to take it off. So I don't have it anymore since I used most of the fluid.

I didn't even like it. It felt so tacky and some of it started to come off and caught dust making it look completely ridiculous.

So, I want a case now.

I saw an ad here on Macrumors so I clicked it because it kinda looked good.

http://www.more-thing.com/iphone-3g.html

Specifically, I think this looks really good: http://www.more-thing.com/leather-hard-cover-for-iphone-3g.html

What do you guys think about this? Anyone has them? How do you guys like them? Or what else do you guys suggest?

I'd like the price to be around $40 if possible. Thanks.

2. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

they look nice, i dont have one and have been looking for a case for my phone as well.. I just HATE that hole where the apple logo is.

3. kevin0807 macrumors newbie

i would look into an incase slider. its made of metal and it looks amazing! i bought one for $40 and it has been holding up really well.

4. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

OP,

I completely understand your dilemma since I went through page and pages of others' feedbacks in regards to the case.

Here is what I've tried and my experiences.

1. Incase Slider - Scratched up my bezel even when I took it off every other day to clean the phone. The phone was kept inside the Marware CEO case and not my pocket.

2. SGP Untra Thin Case - very thin and the holes dont like up with the Apple Logo as well as the camera. I do not recommend.

3. SGP Shield - This shield was nice until it started to peel off.

4. Speck See Thru - I have it in my possession but I havent tried it on. I got it at 75% off so I wanted to try it. I will let you know after I put the case on.

5. Seidio Innocase II with Belt Clip - I ordered this the other day because it was recommended by another MR member. I am actually really excited to try this case on.

I know its not much but hopefully it will help.

5. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Case-Mate makes a similar case and they don't really protect the phone that well. Also, it makes the device really bulky looking. I agree that it looks nice in the stock photo but don't believe the hype.

I like simplicity and I think that's why I'm a huge fan of the Incase Slider collection.

Check there website http://www.goincase.com/products/category/iPhone 3G you should find a color you like for sure. I wouldn't order from there site because there shipping cost is way too much. Check your local Apple store for them.

6. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

it was map1978 that recommended Innocase II. Thanks map1978

7. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

no doubt man. hope u enjoy it. im still rockin the incase though full time. i got problems haha

i'm jealous you have a 24" ACD. man i want one but i'm on a recession budget

8. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

FarSeide said that he had found scratches on his iPhone after he used the Incase Slider. Is your iPhone scratched too?

9. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

No not at all. My phone is in my pocket all day/night and I haven't gotten any scratches on the back plastic. Looks brand new and I plan on keeping it that way. I do clean it out every few days just to make sure because its so easy to take apart and put back together.

Please stop your self-promotions, nobody cares.

10. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Thanks map1978. I'll go ahead and buy it at the Apple Store

11. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

no problem man. let us know what color you choose :D

12. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

The black one looks good to me, so I'll go with the black one. :)

13. Tate macrumors member

I got a Switcheasy capsule rebal arctic. Looks pretty awsome on the black IPhone. Just got done getting the wife one for her IPhone. Here is the web site for it, but I got mine off of ebay. Hope this helps some.

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Rebel/Rebel.php

14. jbode macrumors member

That's a pretty sweet case for $25, haven't seen one like that before.
    How do you like it? is it bulky?

15. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I love my InCase slide on case. I have it in Gun Metal on my Black iPhone 3G. My iPhone came FLYING out of my coat pocket one time and while the case cracked when it landed on the concrete, my iPhone was fine. I would say the case did its job and have bought a replacement. Paired with the Matte screen shield it's the best case out there. :)

16. raclotz macrumors member

raclotz

InCase...
    The one in the link looks good... but dont know how reliable it will be when used...