Looking for a good cheap mouse for my new MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mrmarts, Jun 18, 2012.

1. mrmarts, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

mrmarts macrumors 65816

Hello all

I am looking for a good mouse for my MacBook, I have been using the magic mouse on my iMac for two years, and have found it extremely annoying. So I am looking for a good Logitech wireless mouse for my MacBook pro retina any one got any suggestions.

Also those price matter for example are the cheaper Logitech wireless mouse good enough for a casual gamer and for daily scrolling.

Cheers

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Any logitech mouse works well, I have a couple of cheap MS mice connected to my kid's Macs as well.

3. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

I use the Microsoft Arc™ Mouse with my Early-2011 17" MBP and an old PowerMac G3 b/w (300 MHz *lol*):
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/arc-mouse/ZJA-00001

Why do i use this mouse?
    - No additional drivers necessary in Mac OS X 10.2.x or newer. Works also in Windows XP or 7, in Linux and even Mac OS 9, IIRC, and with the smaller OS versions on installation CDs/DVDs/flash drives.
    - The mouse is very robust.
    - The mouse protects itself and the receiver during the transport.
    - 2-4 weeks with one battery set are normal (i recommend four Sanyo eneloop AAA-two for the mouse, and two as a replacement).
    - Very precise.
    - The industrial design is top notch.

I see, that a lot of MR-users recommend this mouse for MB(P)s:
    Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX

I do not use a bluetooth mouse, because they have usually problems with the bluetooth connection, and bluetooth connections are a security problem in some areas. A mouse which needs additional drivers is also a bad choice because these drivers can cause additional problems.