Looking for a good color laser printer

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ice Dragon, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Ice Dragon macrumors 6502a

Ice Dragon

Ever since I received my first computer at 12 years old for Christmas (a Gateway SE500), I have always wanted a color laser printer though back then they were hideously expensive.

What are some good ones that the users here can recommend? I'm using a Base Model Mac Mini 2.3 GHz.

2. tmagman macrumors 6502

HP Laserjet Pro 1415fnw is fantastic. Not a huge machine in the big picture but has a lot of power and isn't super expensively priced. We were always skeptical about buying a color laser but finally gave in with this thing. It has great wired or wireless network integration, AirPrint, email print, document feeder and substantial sized cartridges unlike a lot of other smaller laser printers. Great quality prints too. It's an HP and got labeled as their pro series, meaning you really can't go wrong with it.

In Canada we picked up one for about 300 on sale from 500.

Best of luck!

3. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I have a Brother 4040CDN. It was modest price (relative) when I bought it. I have had it for years. I print occasionally and I have never replaced toner. I can print to it from all my Macs without drivers and from my iOS devices using software that runs on my Mac to make our Brother printers look like airprint capable printers.

I recommend Brother because I've had good experience with their printers over the years. I picked Brother because when I was shopping, they were the only printers with Linux and OS X listed on the outside of the box.