looking for a good drawing tablet dont want to abandon Apple...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by krossfyter, Oct 23, 2012.

1. krossfyter, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

Been a long time since I posted here on this site. But much love.

I have been a long time mac user/fan since 1980s.

I am looking for the best drawing tablet out there right now.

I hear some good things about the Galaxy Note 10.1 with the pressure sensitivity and all but I dont want to abandon apple at all.

I feel that apple is what i like for everything else but that pressure sensitivity thing is really nice.

Why cant (or do they?) apple up their game on the drawing options with their ipad/ipad minis? Since you know apple is built from a more artistic conscientious platform historically?

i dont understand this at all. it may just be because i am not up to snuff in the tech knowledge dept on what apple can do with drawing on their tablet.

thnx for any help. I am not as fluent as most of you all are in the tech world and am looking to my mac friends for some advice. much love. Thnx.

i really dont care for android or any other platform other than OSX but I can manage if I have to. Its just my preference leans very hard towards apple for obvious reasons but that pressure sensitivity on that 10.1 is interesting. If apple can just bring this into their ipad mini It would be an easy decision. but perhaps I am lookin at this all wrong.

2. Devie macrumors 6502a

Does it have to be a tablet computer? Why not get a graphics tablet like a wacom or something that connects to a computer...

3. kevlar51 macrumors newbie

You could stick with the iPad and get a Jot Touch, which is a bluetooth stylus that incorporates pressure sensitivity. Make sure it works with your app of choice though, and it's $99.