Looking for a good external keyboard for my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by InfamousRogue, Nov 25, 2009.

1. InfamousRogue macrumors newbie

Hi, I been recently looking for a new external keyboard for my MacBook Pro. Im basically just using it for gaming. If you can recommend me a good one, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance :D

2. PsyD4Me macrumors 6502a

PsyD4Me

the wireless :apple: keyboard, tight, easy to type on

3. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

Bleck. I hate the wireless Apple Keyboard. If I am going to use an external keyboard, it has to be a FULL KB. I use the wired full Apple Keyboard. Very nice. Gives the same typing experience as my MBP KB, but has all necessary keys for gaming too. :D

Full wired Apple Keyboard all the way.

4. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

if you don't mind the short key travel go for the full wired apple keyboard. It's the most confortable typing keyboard I have ever used. Otherwise look at logitech and Microsoft. They both make nice keyboards.

5. InfamousRogue thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the replies. Much appreciated.

6. Takashi macrumors regular

7. prodigee macrumors 6502a

Of course you can, the only thing that wouldnt work is that if your keyboard has media keys on it, if they dont have drivers for OSX the media keys wont work, but other than that they would work perfectly.

8. EndlessMac macrumors 6502

Also the command/:apple: key won't be labeled as so and it probably won't be in the same place as Apple's command key which is next to the space bar. The command key would probably one of the specialty keys on a PC keyboard. It would be a little annoying if you go back and forth between a PC keyboard and Mac keyboard but not a problem if you don't.

Logitech and MacAlly have keyboards made for Macs so all the media buttons will work on Macs. The command key will also be labeled as so and placed in the correct position.

9. Takashi macrumors regular

Thanks for the help.

10. PVIllustration macrumors member

the apple wireless keyboard is what i use. It works really well. Yes, it's abit smaller than MBP keyboard, but not so much that it gets to be annoying.

On a small desk (as I have) with a A4 wide Intous3 and a 24" dell monitor it does get a bit crowded, and this is where the small size of the wireless keyboard comes in handy. I'm very happy with it.

11. dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

12. Jazojas12 macrumors regular

I have the BT Apple keyboard and a Rocketfish Windows keyboard. One thing I like about the Apple one is that it's almost instantly on. I push a key and it responds. The RF one is not as quick at first. The RF one has media keys and all of them work properly. The Command key on it is the Windows key.

13. sb88 macrumors newbie

Apple wireless keyboard all the way!!! It is easy to use, set up, store, and visually pleasing. The pinnacle of apple technology!