Looking for a good iPhone 4 dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mattdo93, Jun 25, 2011.

1. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Why don't you just want an official Apple one? That would help me answer.

3. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

The docks listed above are both black which match my phone pretty nicely. Also, both are cheaper than the official Apple dock except for the Kensington one, but it provides a mini battery pack charger. To me, the only advantage the official Apple dock has over these 2 is audio output.

4. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

5. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Check out sw-box. They have a good one but I believe the white one is OOS.

6. mattdo93, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011

mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

I checked them out, and they seem really good. Looks exactly like the Apple one. Are there any reviews of it on Youtube?

Edit: The white one is available but the black ones are OOS lol :D

7. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

They should both be fine, just buy the one you prefer and it will be fine. You can google for reviews or search on youtube if you want some more info. Enjoy your new dock.

8. -y0- macrumors 6502

-y0-

I like the ones made by made2dock, they're very sturdy and look great.

9. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

I ordered a white one from the sw-box site that TheDogg mentioned. Its very cheap and has good reviews so I will see what it's like soon. The dock itself was $5 and the shipping fee was like $5.80 o_O Oh well, still cheaper than the 2 I linked in the first post. Will post pics and a mini review when I get it! :)

10. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I will give a second vote for made2dock.

11. mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

It does indeed look cool :) However, it's a bit bulky for me, and I prefer something simple and minimalistic like Apple's dock. Thank you for the suggestion though :D

12. janita macrumors member

Another vote for made2dock. I have several of them and they are great. I really like how heavy they are.

13. BlakeBrattina macrumors 6502a

14. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

I have been using this dock since it was first released and highly recommend it.

For the price you're getting a dock, with removable dock adapters (so it works with most cases) a memory card reader and a USB Hub.

You can't beat it.

15. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I've got a couple extra made-2-Docks in my drawer that I don't use anymore. At one time I needed 4, now I just need 2. I use them with an iPhone 4 with a Switcheasy Trim.

Is there a 4-Sale forum here? They are great. Highly recommended.

16. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

There is a marketplace. You can post there as long as you meet the minimum post forum count as well as have joined Macrumors at least 6 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Daisy123 macrumors newbie

Daisy123

Without a doubt, the Nautilus is quite a strange sight from the moment you dock your iPhone 4 onto it, featuring a curvy, metallic body (it's actually manufactured from a heavy zinc alloy and can be equipped with optional metal feet, should anyone require them), that's sure to get some attention.

18. mattdo93, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011

mattdo93 thread starter macrumors 6502

mattdo93

So I received my dock a week later (probably would have been a few days but I went on vacation) and got a chance to play with it.

The packaging came in a cute little white box that said "Made in China" and a picture of the iPhone 4 in the dock.

It looks exactly like Apple's dock except for the fact that the port is much bigger. In fact, when I put my phone on, it would wobble whenever I pressed it.

It can fit cases and bumpers and other iPhone models (not sure about iTouches though..)

Overall, it's a very good dock for the price.

Price was $5.67 plus $5.82 shipping fee. Shipping fee is more expensive than the product itself, also very weird.. :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note: Pics were taken with a 3gs

EDIT: Found out that most docks don't have audio output. How noob of me.

19. Haydendiego macrumors newbie

Apple iMac 27 is better for you. It's features are incomparable. It has 1 GB RAM in it. So the document with large size and resolution can be store and can run properly. It can support 16 GB memory card so more and more entertainment content can be store compare to other phones.

20. climb3d79 macrumors newbie

iPhone 4 Dock

I have been using the LYCO Universal Dock Adapter which allows me to dock my iPhone with a case still on! I have been using it for months now and love it. It works really well with the Apple Universal Dock. Attached is a picture of the adapter on the Apple Dock. LYCO Adapter

Attached Files: