Looking for a good Macbook Bag

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tmoney468, Apr 17, 2008.

1. tmoney468 macrumors 6502

Hi everyone, I've searched a lot on the subject but a lot of things I've seen (forum thread over at MacNN) are fairly old.

So basically I've been looking for a good bag for my mom's Macbook. I have a Booq bag for my MBP and like it a lot, but I don't think she would like the plain black on orange color. She's not looking for a full-fledged backpack, just more of a shoulder bad that she can carry her MB and maybe a book or two.

I've seen this bag from be.ez here and it seems to be a pretty good bag:

http://www.be-ez.com/prod_besace_limedrop.html

Anyone else have any suggestions or comments? I realize that this is a common question but her birthday is coming up so I probably need to find one soon. Thanks!

2. Lucky8 macrumors regular

Lucky8

Have you checked out Waterfield www.sfbags.com ?
    I've always used their product and they're top notch!

3. wannabe07 macrumors member

I really like the looks of the one you found. Based on what she needs, I might suggest looking at both Timbuk2 bags (www.timbuk2.com) and Crumpler (www.crumplerbags.com). They both have some very nice options that aren't huge computer messenger bags/backpacks and are a bit more fun than the standard blah black bags.

4. Stokes macrumors regular

5. BlackThunder macrumors member

I think the regular zipup iNcase is the way to go..

6. anandk macrumors newbie

Have you guy noticed any bag with the special pockets for Cables and other accessories for Macbook as well as pockets for iPod???

7. hexonxonx macrumors 601

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=TST004US

I have a bag similar to that one. It has an iPod pocket on the front that is big enough to hold my iPhone.

It has several pockets including at least 2 zippered compartments. It's also big enough to store papers or whatever you need. I have the one that holds a 15" since I also have a MBP.

8. tmoney468 thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for all of the suggestions guys, I've heard of Crumpler bags before but never visited their website...they have some pretty cool looking bags with a lot of color options.

9. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

i have a keningston one for 30$ i got from best buy really good protection and fits my macbook good

10. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I also recommend Crumpler. I have the "Considerable Embarrassment", that I use every day to go back and forth to work. Their bags are top quality. There are tons of storage places, and great protection for the laptop. Your mom might like the "Luncheon", nice size and it comes it some cool colors.

11. Ferrari83 macrumors newbie

Im also looking for macbook bag & sleeves.... this weekend :D:D:D

hopefully can find it ...

12. tmoney468 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's the exact one I got (considerable embarassment), I ended up getting the blueish/purplish color. It wasn't too expensive, $85 shipped from eBags.com and I should have it delivered a couple days before my mom's b-day so that's even better. I have to admit, they have a really funky website too.

13. bananaquit macrumors member

Does anyone have experience with a Macbook and the Patagonia Lightwire backpacks?

14. minder2 macrumors newbie

Not exactly the backpack but the LW Tote

Hi, I just saw your post. I´ve been carring my MB in a Patagonia Lightwire Tote since october last year and I can tell you that it´s a pitty they ar not making them anymore. It´s big enough to carry everything you need for.
    Sturdy and water resistant.
    The MB compartment it is well padded.
    I´m sure the backpack is the same thing.
    M2