Looking for a good male to female aux cable

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by eNcrypTioN, Dec 2, 2011.

1. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

As the title says I'm looking for a good male to female aux cable extender. The aux cable I have in my car right now is an after market hookup so it's not easy to swap it out without taking my whole dashboard apart. What I'm looking for I a nice male to female adapter that has a thin enough jack on it to hook into my iPhone. I purchased one from amazon and it's a pain in the ass having to take my Griffey reveal case half off because the jack is so fat.

2. googdot macrumors regular

3. stfwayne macrumors regular

Really like this cable available from Amazon

- Ridiculously Cheap ($9)
    - Cords dont fray or tangle
    - Cable is perfect length

Been using it for 2 months now no problems

4. EricJD macrumors regular

5. eNcrypTioN thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all the links. I went ahead and ordered the monster icablelink. Got a 3 pack of those on amazon for like $10.

6. spqr05 macrumors newbie

We ran into the same issue for the car, in fact we wanted to use the cable to run credit card transactions with a 3.5mm mobile credit card reader and protective case (otterbox on my iPhone 4S and gumdrop on my iPad) as well. We have techs in the field that would have to remove the cases and even damaged phones by dropping them. After searching for 2 months and testing 25 cables we found a cable that does both and is very durable as our techs are rough on equipment.

It's the "CellPay 3.5mm audio extension cable otterbox compatible" and it's made by Cellpay Accessories. Here's a link for those that run into the same issue as that's how I came across this post https://cellpayaccessories.com/affiliate/38/node/882