Looking for a good Monitor Stand

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lordmac, Oct 26, 2010.

1. lordmac macrumors regular

Hi, I am trying reorganize my desk a bit I am looking for a good monitor stand (I guess this is what you would call such an accessory) . I have a 15" mbp and a 20" external dell monitor. Right now I just have my macbook sitting beside my monitor in clam shell mode. It occurred to me that this is a giant waste of good desk space. The solution I have pictured in my head is some kind of stand that I can put my monitor on that has enough space under it for my closed mbp (with enough space for decent ventilation too). So if anyone knows of a nice stand that would do that, I would love to hear about it. Or if there is a better way to minimize the desk surface space used by a external monitor + clam-shelled laptop set up that I am not thinking of that would be great too.

Thanks in advanced.

2. lordmac thread starter macrumors regular

Wow yeah that exactly the sort of thing I was thinking of. Looks great and well made too. Only concern is that it doesn't look like it leaves much room for airflow around the laptop. Hmm will have to give it some thought.

Thanks though.