Looking for a good mouse MBP 2018

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Momo13Drums, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Momo13Drums macrumors member

Hi there,

I'm looking for a good mouse to use with my 2018 MBP. At first I was sold on the Magic Mouse 2, but the more I thought about it the more I realized it might not be what I'm looking for.

I'm used to gaming mice and having customizable buttons. The stuff I do on my laptop that I'd like to add a mouse to:
    • Lightroom
    • Photoshop
    • FCPX
    • Logic Pro
    • Light Gaming away from home - mostly FPS games. Just for fun and to kill time on the road when I've finished my work, not looking to be real competitive or anything playing on a laptop.
    I think I would prefer a gaming mouse with customizable buttons if possible. I'd prefer bluetooth but I hear the performance is dodgy with most BT mice unless you get the MM2. Any recommendations?

2. IngerMan macrumors 65816

IngerMan

Razer.com

I have the mamba on my 27” iMac. No need for a mouse on the beloved trackpad 15” MBP.

I have the track pad on the iMac as well and use it 95% of the time, but gaming yes Razer

3. maxgts macrumors regular

maxgts

I've been using the Logitech MX Anywhere 2 for a week now. Pretty good. It's not a full size mouse though. Give it a look.

4. CooperSJCW macrumors newbie

I use the Logitech MX2 and find it excellent and configurable.

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Not sure how well it plays with the Mac, to be honest, but the Microsoft Surface Precision mouse is super comfortable, has a button that electromechanically switches the mouse wheel from clickly to smooth, and has three customizable thumb buttons. And it'll run wired or BT wireless.