Looking for a good screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cennix, Oct 7, 2012.

1. cennix macrumors member

Anyone have ideas on a good somewhat cheap screen protector for the iPhone 5? I want it to be so I have that smooth feeling and whatever, I think that's like zag but it didn't have good reviews so I need more opinions.

Thanks

2. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

3. cennix thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the response, you think it's a good idea to use one on the front /screen?

4. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

I never liked the feel of the protector on the front. I have also had good luck with the screen not scratching, although I keep it in a leather holster case, not in my pocket. If your keeping it in your pocket next to other things, it's probably a good idea.

----------

I did buy the whole kit just in case I want it later. It was only like $2 more for the whole kit.

5. will0407 macrumors 6502a

ive used powersupport anti glare on my 4s, and now mediadevil anti glare on my ip5. I preferred the powersupport, but the mediadevil is a very good fit, and does a good job of reducing fingerprint marks.

6. dancarney macrumors newbie

I fitted the one that came free with my case (Cygnett). However, I was annoyed by the fact that the cut-out for the earpiece etc. was off-centre. The fit and finish wasn't too bad (I used a Cygnett case and screen protector on my 4S from day one and it held up very well).

I decided to take my phone to a Ghost Armor kiosk in Manchester, they fitted a screen protector and put it in their 'curing' box (kind of sealed box that blows warm air to make the screen protector set). The man doing it said that the longer it's left in the box, the better the finish will look. I left my iPhone 5 there for around 1hr30m.

I returned and was amazed at the exceptional quality of the screen protector. It feels there isn't one on (I've compared it side-by-side with my wife's iPhone 5). Plus, it came with a lifetime guarantee! Cost £14.50.

I'm seriously considering have the sides and back covered and ditching my case...

7. RobNYC macrumors 6502

I bought a case for my phone from KaysCase on Amazon and it came with a screen protector for the 5 for free.

8. abhinav7333 macrumors member

iPhones don't need one. I just get a square trade warranty and usually they are pretty good about it.

9. MarcinK95 macrumors newbie