Looking for a good set of headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by joekim1026, Mar 11, 2013.

1. joekim1026 macrumors regular

Hello, I currently have the klipsch s4i. The mic on the earphones take in a lot of outside noise. I was wondering if there were any other headphones out there that have a good mic with noise cancellation.

2. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

No mic, no controls, no function. They are IEM and claiming 'noise cancellation'. Junk.

The Klipsch S4i are really good. Have you tried the supplied Apple earpods with mic to see how that compares? It might just be the design of the phone boosting the mics gain.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Noise isolation and noise cancellation are two entirely different things. IEM's can easily offer noise isolation (and even noise cancellation as it's not limited to just mics). However, the product posted in post 2 isn't relevant to the OP.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

5. Mellisaray macrumors regular

6. maliu macrumors 6502a

7. dbo43867 macrumors member

I've spent over $400 on headphones in the last couple of years.

You really can't go wrong with the Ear Pods and Apple's in ear headphones (the ones with the rubber tips). For mainstream phones, they are quite good. They blow things made by Skullcandy and Dre out of the water.

If you're a basshead, disregard what I said.

8. Giuly, Mar 15, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2013

Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

Chances are that you'll find them here.

9. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Really? You have no way of figuring out this on your own? Not trying to be an ass but how have you made it through life this long if you can't figure out something so easy?

OP,
    I have several different HP, Bose are ok, Bluebuds from Jaybirds are pretty good for BT device. I went to a lot of shows back in my day so my hearing is a bit wrecked so for me, blowing a ton of money on headphones for "great" sound is a waste. I say get what sounds best in your price range. Best way to do that is go and listen.
    I have a set of the Apple in ears and I wasn't that impressed with them. Maybe I just didn't give them enough of a chance.

10. Mellisaray macrumors regular

thank you for the link.:D