looking for a good site to buy iPhone 5 cables for kids

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by msarway, Jan 7, 2014.

1. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

Can anyone recommend a good web site to buy iPhone cables for the iPhone 5 and 5S. every week someone in the family either loses one or breaks one i promise. i have 6 iPhones 5's and 6 iPads all using the new cables. i was just wondering if there was a place to get a good deal on cables.

thank you

2. solo118 macrumors 65816

I want to be honest as I also have a child with an ipad mini.

Every kind of aftermarket cable I tried broke or did not charge (with latest software), it was just a waste of money. There may be some aftermarket choices that Apple approves such as Belkin or something, but they won't be cheap but perhaps a bit more sturdy.

I do not recall where, but there was a link for OEM cables in bulk packaging for about $10/pc. That might be a good idea!

3. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

Our local £1 shop in Cambridge sells both lightning and 30 pin cables. (For £1 obviously)

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Monoprice has great deals on cables.

5. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

I think Amazon has their own branded iPhone cables, do they not? If you're a Prime member, that would make it quick and easy.

6. devilcm3 macrumors 6502a

you can get many of those micro usb to lightning adapter.
    then every time a cable breaks just switch the adapter to a new micro usb cable.

7. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

8. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Amazon Basic Cables. OP I know how you feel. I don't have as many gadgets as you do but I know how quickly they can disappear. The cables work with the products and are cheaper. They also come in different sizes.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

yes, buy them from monoprice, they have a lifetime warranty and are the cheapest officially licensed cables you can buy.

Both Belkin and Amazon cables have given me problems, but never the monoprice lighting cables.

10. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

How about these, especially for the kids (for girls):
    Certified by Apple - Lifetime Warranty - Bundle of 2 Extra Long 6.5 Feet 8-Pin Lightning USB Charger Cables for iPhone 5 5c 5s iPod Touch 5 Nano 7 iPad 4 iPad mini iPad Air - for Sync and Charging - Premium MFi Quality (Pink + Blue)
    http://amzn.com/B00GNVEY1Q
    Their is also a black and white version but I do not see it listed at this time.

11. solo118 macrumors 65816

After reading some posts here, it looks like Monoprice is the clear winner.

If OP goes for a bulk buy he would be saving :) My recommendation is a 6ft cable.... really worth the extra dollar or so.

12. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Been happy with both griffin and macally cables.

13. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Tech Armor also have lifetime warranty on their cables. Great customer service.

14. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Right now tech armor is out of stock on their 6 ft lightning cable on amazon... I have 2 of them and love them!