looking for a good speaker for my iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Indecisi0n, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Indecisi0n macrumors regular

Indecisi0n

I am looking for a good speaker setup for my iphone 4. I would like the speaker to be wireless but i also own a airport express so i guess i can use that as well. I am looking for something quality in the 100-150 range. I am not to into the music audio scene which is why i am posting this. I am not sure what manf make good sound compared to others. I know bose but they are WAY too much. I just need a decent size single speaker i can put in a room when i have company at my house and have nice crisp music come out of. Thank you in advance.

2. 184550 Guest

One of MRs Editors gave the Jawbone Jambox a favorable review. Though it's outside your price range, perhaps you could find a used one eBay or CL?

3. Indecisi0n thread starter macrumors regular

Indecisi0n

I was considering that but being how small it is can the audio be all that great? Plus i see video of it on youtube where when playing music with base the box vibrates (moves) around.

4. Indecisi0n thread starter macrumors regular

Indecisi0n

Maybe even a nice single speaker that has a audio in to use the airport express.

5. dthree36 macrumors regular

I haven't purchased one but the Jambox by Jawbone sounds incredible. If I had to spend any sort of money on a quality speaker, it would be this one.

6. charlesdayton, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  7. bmxcamel macrumors newbie

I've owned both the jambox and the mini boombox, and they do sound tremendously good for the size!

However, I personally find myself using my Boombotix BB2 (http://boombotix.com) more often than both the jawbone and the logitech, just simply because I can carry it everywhere! The sound quality is good, but not QUITE up to par with the other two. But the portability and durability are key for me, especially since I bike around a lot. Can clip the BB2 via the handlebar mount, and blast tunes all over the city.