Looking for a good sports watch

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Rodimus Prime, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Hey I am trying to find a good digital watch to wear when I do more physical activities. My Timex watch battery died and it was a cheap watch so in the trash it will go. It is cheaper to replace them that it is to change the battery.

My current daily watch is a Titanum Citizen watch which I love because it goes with anything but it is not something I want to ware when I play sports or go biking.

I want digital watch than can take the abuse, is not what I call a throwaway when the battery dies (aka timex) or better something that does not require replacing the battery.

Max price is 350ish but cheaper is better. This just gives me a much wider range to look at. Looks is not to important to me since it is not something I would wear to work or more formal stuff. I have my 2 citizen watches for that.

The only watch I could think of are from Casio G-Shock line and I know there are a lot more choices out there.

2. bbbensen macrumors 6502

I was going to recommend the G Shocks until your last sentence.:eek:

My dad has had a few of them, and they lasted about 5-6 years. He goes surfing quite a bit, so they handled well.

3. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

Timex makes some higher end watches. There's also swiss army...

If you want a watch that does sports-y things, Polar makes a few heart rate watches...

4. Rodimus Prime thread starter macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

yeah that is how long my last G-shock lasted and why I do trust it. For a watch to last that long with me is impressive.

5. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1