Looking for a good tablet...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JesterJJZ, Jun 6, 2008.

1. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

Can anyone recommend a good tablet? I'd mainly want it for After Effects paint work and some Photoshop/Illustrator stuff as well. Doesn't need to be anything fancy. Just looking for something that is precise. Doesn't need to be too big either.

Thanks!

2. munckee macrumors 65816

Wacom is the only way to go. I prefer the Intuos line personally, but most people seem happy with a Graphire/Bamboo. I used to have a big 6x11 but found myself happier with a 4x6.

3. ddoonie macrumors regular

I can vouch for the Intuos line as well. I have the 4X6, and more than enough for my 'amateurish' needs.

4. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Since preciseness is a concern, you should definitely go with a Wacom Tablet. They sell various sizes, and you can check out the Intuos line here. If you need to save money, check out eBay, as you may find some Intuos 2's for less than the current line.

I'd steer clear of the Bamboo or Graphire lines for precision work. I've used Wacom tablets with the Adobe programs you mentioned, and they perform nicely together. There is an adustment period required vs. drawing on paper, but if you stick with it for a while, you'll likely adapt your technique. Good luck to you. :)

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

6. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

7. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

I have a bamboo fun, medium size. You can find one closer to 150 or so online new,(200 cheaper than the intuos 6X8) and it is accurate for my photoshop school work, which is fairly serious. I don't how precise you really need it to be but its half the lpi and sensitivity of the intuos3. The 4X6 is too small for me, its seems even smaller in person, check one out in stores, I saw it at best buy.