Looking for a good texting applications

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jbrown, Apr 15, 2009.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

I really miss the ability in AddressBook to link via bluetooth to your mobile and have a text option ( so you can use your keyboard ti write your texts, push send, and your phone sent it ). Why Apple disabled this neat feature is a mystery to me.

Is there an application that will allow me to do the same - a widget would be perfect.

I have a MacBookPro 2.4 intel, and my phone is a SonyEricsson C902.

cheers all,
    :)

2. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

I'm not sure about making it seem like your phone sent the text, but you can send texts from iChat. Just send the message to the phone number with +1 added to the beginning. For example, if your friend's phone number is 617-xxx-xxxx, type +1617xxxxxxx into the "To" field of an IM, and the message will be sent to their phone in the form of a text. It'll say that it's coming from your screenname, though. I do this all the time when I'm at my computer, so what I ended up doing was adding the +1617xxxxxxx number into my close friends' address book entries as a second screen name. Now when I'm in iChat, I can just right-click on their name and choose where to send the message to; either their AIM screenname or their phone. But, there are no ways to type a text on your computer and have it be sent by your phone number...as far as I know! :eek:

EDIT: Ooh, just noticed that you're in London. I'm only familiar with this method on American phone numbers, and am not sure how it would work outside the country...