Looking for a graphic pad

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Rossatron, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Rossatron macrumors 6502a

Apr 4, 2013
    in a ziplock bag inside a car's trunk
    I'm looking for a graphic pad to record/transfer handwriting to word (or other supporting apps), with the occasional doodle here and there.

My main (text) use will be to hand-write essays and online study sessions with friends.

Doodles are extra bonus :p

The only products I'm familiar with are what Wacom offers. Going through their website, I saw "bamboo pen and touch" which - by the description - should allow my to do what I need. But is it any good? Has anyone used it? Also, since I don't know other offerings, suggestions are welcomed.

2. Giuly macrumors 68040

That, but the Wacom Bamboo Capture (/Bamboo Splash/Bamboo Create/Intuos5) would be the gold standard here.
  3. Macman45 macrumors G5

Jul 29, 2011
    Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
    I use the Bamboo...It really does a great job...the stylus has little buttons that can be configured like a mouse for extra control, and the tablet itself is responsive and accurate.
  4. CarsonJones macrumors member

May 11, 2010
    I have an intuos5 and although a bit pricey, nothing compares. I've tried the bamboo as well and it is great for the price you can't go wrong with that as well.
  5. blanka macrumors 68000

Jul 30, 2012
    IMO you better get a used Intuos than a new Bamboo. I needed a second tab because I got sick of carrying the Intuos with me, thought of a Bamboo because of the budget, but ended up finding a like new A4 Intuos 3 for 125 bucks.