Looking for a "grippy" case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by EdwardSung, Sep 20, 2012.

1. EdwardSung macrumors regular

I'm in the market for a case that's very "grippy" feeling -- rubbery -- but isn't a dust magnet like most cases of that type of material. On my 4 I've been using a Speck Pixel HD case that's very close to what I'm looking for, but are there other good options out there?

2. tugger macrumors regular

tugger

I have the Speck PixelSkin HD on my 4 also and really like it. The grippy factor is excellent. Something else I like about it is that the case hasn't made any scratches at all on the phone. So I'm gonna get one for the 5 as soon as they're available, which probably shouldn't be too much longer. They've got pics up of their iP5 model cases.

Meanwhile I got this one as a temp.

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Not sure I like the new design of the Pixelskin HD. I wish it were just black. Will think about it, but no longer an instabuy for me.

4. spades1412 macrumors 6502

On my 4s, I used the Incipio Feather case. Its black with a matte finish. Very thin and light. It wasn't grippy, but definitely had some stick to it when you held the phone.

I will be using the same case on my 5.

5. EdwardSung thread starter macrumors regular

I wasn't sure what you meant, but then I realize the photo had fooled me into thinking it was just a shadow. Yeah, it's a little cheesy looking compared to the all-black. It was going to be an instabuy but now I'm not sure.

6. Cougarcat, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

Cougarcat macrumors 604

Well I asked them on Twitter and it turns out it is a shadow:

It *really* doesn't look that way though. I'll reserve judgement til I see some RL pics.

Edit: OK, they are telling me it's just like the 4/4S case. Good news.

They should fix their photos, though.

7. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Otterbox is what I got and very happy. It is called the surface and is very thin and rubber like with available holster!

8. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

Hmm I can't find this case. Where'd you get it? Care to share a few pics?

9. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

10. tugger, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

tugger macrumors regular

tugger

I'm actually liking the red and black Speck CandyShell Grip. It might look pretty rad on the black iP5, and they advertise that the protection factor is higher than the PixelSkin HD. I only wish they had a front pic of it mounted on the phone.

Edit: checked out the front-view pic of the red/black CandyShell on the iPhone4. I like that the border is black where it meets the glass. Exactly what I wanted.

11. EdwardSung thread starter macrumors regular

Oh, good! OK Pixel HD, you're back in our good graces. :)