Looking for a hard case with a clip for iphone 3g

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by qwik3r, Jul 13, 2008.

1. qwik3r macrumors newbie

As the subject says, I am looking for a hard shell case with a clip, something that isn't too bulky, preferably white or clear glossy. I have yet to find one that is suitable. The DLO video one is nice, however it doesn't have a clip. I don't understand why all of these hard shell cases for the 3g are devoid of a friggen belt clip.

Any suggestions?

2. sidewalkscenes macrumors newbie

http://www.buy.com/prod/belkin-acrylic-case-for-iphone/q/loc/111/205631424.html

not sure if it is ok for 3g model too but this is what i got when i googled acrylic iphone case

3. qwik3r thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the effort, however the first gen cases unless otherwise noted do not fit the new phone.

4. NathanA macrumors 6502a

I, too, do not understand why it is so hard to find case that meets my requirements for my 3G. I am looking for the exact same thing as the OP: a clear hard-shell case with a belt-clip. I saw the exact Belkin model that was linked to above at my local AT&T store while standing in line for my phone purchase and thought, "Hey, that's EXACTLY what I'm looking for!" ...and it was at that moment that I was informed that it wouldn't fit the 3G.

I have done some searching around online since but haven't found anything close. After seeing the Belkin, I don't know if I'll be satisfied with anything that isn't exactly like it. :p

-- Nathan

5. qwik3r thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, i saw that one but quickly dismissed it because it wasn't a full on case, just a clip, but upon further inspection I see that the 3rd pic shows a case around it and the optional clip, i'll have to look into it further, thanks.

6. carence23 macrumors member

carence23

Case

Thanks, i saw that one but quickly dismissed it because it wasn't a full on case, just a clip, but upon further inspection I see that the 3rd pic shows a case around it and the optional clip, i'll have to look into it further, thanks.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by srl7741
    Try this one.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...&postcount=102

This holster from Seidio does not work on iPhone 3G. I have both of them (skinned and unskinned) and the phone does not fit. Don't buy it!

7. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I like Seidio holsters as well, but they have NOT yet released 3G stuff.

8. HoosierInFL macrumors regular

I'm eagerly awaiting the Seidio Inno case w/holster. I used it with my AT&T Tilt and it works great. Being able to use a holster with a phone that has a case on it is great.