Looking for a JMicron compatible port multiplier

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by flatfoot, Sep 10, 2009.

1. flatfoot macrumors 65816

Hi everybody,

under Leopard I used a Si3132 based eSATA card together with my external, IOI Technology port multiplier based storage solution.
    Snow Leopard didn't like the Sonnet drivers I used for my DeLock eSATA card and I also tried the FirmTek Snow Leopard Si3132 drivers, which gave me kernel panics, too.

So I looked for an eSATA PCIe card based on the JMB362 chipset by JMicron and found one here in Germany (single port). I installed it today, but despite working perfectly together with my Mac, it isn't incompatible with my IOI Technology port multiplier, i. e. only the drive on the first connector of the multiplier is recognized.

Now I'm looking for a JMB362 compatible port multiplier so I can use my storage solution again. I found out that JMicron themselves also distribute port multiplier chipsets (the JMB39x series) but can't find any multipliers based on these...

Any ideas on JMicron compatible port multipliers?

2. PaulD-UK macrumors member

3. giffut macrumors 6502

Try ...

.... this modified (Device ID 010400) for your Sil3132 based PCI express card. It worked for me.

Attached Files:

4. flatfoot thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the replies.
    Bought a HighPoint RocketRAID 2314 in the meantime and I'm totally happy with it. Throughput is much higher than with my old Si3132 and JMicron cards; I guess that's due to 4x PCIe vs. 1x PCIe on the cheaper cards. :D
    And it works with the aforementioned port multiplier.

5. giffut macrumors 6502

That´s ...

.... funny , because this would have been my second recommendation - same system works here with two port multiplier cases connected.