Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
There used to be an app that when I make one change to any setting/file the app would include all files that were changed in OSX. Does anyone know of a similar app or the app I am referring?

jdiamond

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2008
I could write you an app that would list the top N files most recently changed, but I'm not sure how helpful that would be, as a *LOT* of OS files get changes constantly. Maybe as an immediate test it would do OK - you run it as soon as you change a setting.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
I am trying to figure out why MOJAVE books is blocking PDFs from opening in an assigned app. Since Mojave, newly made PDFs stored in Mojave books opens only in PREVIEW.

When I assign an app to all PDFs, where is the info kept. Then I’ll examine books for the same text.

If your app would report what file is changed when I assign the app, yes would be nice to have. I have already searched three preference files in text wrangler for various words, had no luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.