Looking for a leather pouch for iphone4+bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Pointer, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Pointer macrumors regular

Hi guys,

Been into a couple of stores today looking for a leather pouch that I can put my iphone4 into whilst the bumper is on it. I saw a couple of pouches and the stores were good enough to let me try and get the phone into the pouch but in both cases it was too big to fit in.

Has anyone seen a leather pouch that might be big enough? I'm thinking I might need one that is actually designed to fit another phone.

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

3. Kahalu'u Bob macrumors 6502a

Kahalu'u Bob

I have an Ultraslim 3G and I'm wondering if it might have room for the iPhone 4 with a bumper. I have the 4 in it now and there is certainly a bit of extra room, also rounded corners for the 3G look similar to the corners of the 4 with a bumper. But I don't have a bumper (didn't think I would need one until the antenna controversy came up). If anyone with a bumper on their iPhone 4 has a 3G Ultraslim, try it and let us know!

4. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

Pointer,

I am currently using the Marware CEO Sleeve with my iPhone 4, with Bumper installed. It is a little bit of a tight fit, but not terrible. The CEO Sleeve was designed for the width of the 3G and 3GS. It's a little too loose (width wise) for the naked iPhone 4. By adding the Bumper, the iPhone 4's width is just a tad wider than the 3GS. So, the Bumper-added width works well with the CEO Sleeve. The thickness is also OK (a little snug). However, the rubberized parts of the Bumper do cause a bit of friction pulling the phone out (or putting the phone in) the CEO Sleeve.

I loosened up the CEO Sleeve a bit by putting a pack of poker size playing cards in it overnight. The sides of the CEO sleeve are elastic. That stretched them out just a bit. The iPhone 4 (with Bumper) slid into the CEO Sleeve a bit easier this morning. But, the elastic tightened up a bit as the day has gone by. I plan to do the deck of cards trick again tonight, and every night, until that elastic gets stretched out.

The good news is that Marware has the CEO Sleeve marked down to $19.99 (normally $24.99) and they offer $3 Priority Mail shipping.

The bad news is the CEO Sleeve is, apparently, being discontinued. So, get 'em while they are hot! :)

http://www.marware.com/products/iPhone-3G-3GS-Cases/C-E-O-Sleeve-for-iPhone-3G

FWIW, I've used a MarWare CEO Sleeve for every iPhone I've owned since 2007. I've already worn out two of them and, in fact, ordered a brand new one last week for the iPhone 4. As I said, it was a little too big (side to side) for the iPhone 4. But it worked. And it's a little too snug for the iPhone 4 with Bumper, but not by a whole lot. I think the deck of cards trick is helping.

Mark

5. Pointer thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that Mark, looks like a candidate. Let me know how you get on with the stretching, sounds like a good idea.

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i vote for the ultraslim, though it will not fit with a bumper. if you can do without the bumper, take a look at the ultraslim!

7. itoddm macrumors regular

itoddm

I'd love to find a case that would fit the iphone with the bumper also. Great idea and I hope someone could design one with those parts in mind.

8. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

I can tell you the CEO sleeve and the Belkin Grip Vue are a perfect match.

Forgot I still had this case till I saw this post. I remember now what I didn't like. The slim profile belt clip only allowed the sleeve to be vertical and the ratchet clip is just plain too thick for my liking.

9. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

I love the slim profile clip (which is now the standard clip shipped with the CEO Sleeve). It keeps the sleeve nice and tight to my body, the clip is very sturdy, and the clip has a tab on the jaw that helps prevent the clip from pulling loose from the belt. And, the last thing I want is for my iPhone to be sideways in a sleeve that is intended to be vertical (opening at the top).

Mark

10. Murphy'sLaw macrumors member

try sfbags.com they have a suede case thats made to fit with the bumper, not exactly leather, but close enough

11. Kinobi macrumors member

What about the length? can you provide some pics? is it sticking out (since ip4 is longer than 3gs)?

12. itoddm macrumors regular

itoddm

13. agp macrumors member

I'm in the same situation.

I bought a bumper to keep my phone protected before I get another case. It is a useful protector with the added benefit of reducing signal issues.

I have the 3G version of sena's ultraslim which is the best case I have used, but unfortunately iPhone 4 + Bumper doesn't quite fit.

Ideally I would like sena to produce a pouch for 4+Bumper, or something similar to be available.

Otherwise I can see that I may be selling my bumper and just getting an iPhone 4 ultraslim.

Any more suggestions from anyone?

14. DarkAether macrumors regular

15. random person macrumors 6502a

As someone earlier suggested, you should check out the iPhone suede jacket from waterfield designs. They have versions that fit the phone with and without a bumper. I ordered one over the weekend and hope to get it soon! And you can't beat the price!

http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphone-cases/suedejacket-iphone.php

They are a great company, by the way -- very high quality stuff and great attention to detail!

16. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

its not leather but the moshi pouch works great with that combo

17. agp macrumors member

I emailed sena about this, and this was their response last night....

So I'm going to wait for this - the sena cases are the best I have used.

18. Drakdaddy macrumors member

People should check this out. Definitely the best that I have come across

19. RoarinRow macrumors regular

RoarinRow

I just pre-ordered their smart case with bumper and clip style - http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphone-cases/smartcase-iphone.php

Love their products. This should match my Muzetto bag perfectly lol. Did I just say that out loud.

20. Drakdaddy macrumors member

What kind of shipping information did they give you? I still feel like that im in the dark after i ordered their suede jacked

21. ARK macrumors 6502

No, it doesn't.

22. mnilan macrumors member

Ikonic edge

I have been interacting with the New Zealand folks at Ikonic edge who are working on a leather sleeve/pouch (not sure what to call it) for the iPhone 4 - one for the phone without the bumper and one for the phone with the bumper. I wasn't able to get a specific date for delivery, but they have confirmed that they are working on it. I had one for my 3GS and it was my favorite case.

23. Macmar88 macrumors member

I picked this up at best buy. It fits with the bumper but you have to loosen it up some. But after a day goes in and out with ease. ;) But yea its pretty good leather as well and is 30 bucks worth checking out.

heres the link: http://dlo.com/products/view/HC_iphone

24. RoarinRow macrumors regular

RoarinRow

They haven't given any shipment information because they won't start shipping until 7/16.

25. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I was going to suggest looking on eBay for the leather pouch that came with the original Samsung Instinct, but I don't think it would work with a bumper. I have my iPhone 4 in the case that came with my old Instinct, and it's a perfect fit.