Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zen

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
I'm giving my father-in-law my old 12" PowerBook and Leopard, and as he is a complete novice computer user I need to also get him a book.

I've used the "For Dummies" series before, and they seem pretty good. I see there is a Leopard for Dummies coming out in November, but the front cover and blurb includes (among other things) "Searching with Sherlock".

Say what?

Surely Sherlock is dead and buried? It doesn't inspire much confidence if the latest Mac Dummies book is advertising that it will help with a long-since deceased (and mostly useless anyway) app?

So is this the book I should be aiming for, or does anybody have any other recommendations?

Bearing in mind please that the intended reader is 60 years old and has NO computing experience. Zero. Zip. Nothing. Not a bean. He knows what a mouse is. That's it.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
Out of all the books i've read, i think the missing manual's are the best, they are quite easy to follow and reference to when needed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.