Looking for a lightning cable with a flush connector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by yanathin, Mar 26, 2017.

1. yanathin macrumors member

I'm trying to install an iPad mini in my car, and since there's BARELY any room on the sides, the only way to do it is to use a lightning cable that has a flush connector into the iPad. I know it's possible, because these exist:

https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Qi-Wireless-Charging-Receiver/dp/B01EKAC292

I thought about using this kind of cable with a permanent Qi charger attached to the back of it, but the idea of wireless inductive charging sitting behind the dash of my car scares me. Plus they're quite finicky, I'd rather not have to tear apart my dash every time the charger becomes loose or misaligned. I'm also aware that something like this couldn't be MFI-certified because of the chip that needs to stick out the bottom.

Does anybody know of a simple lightning-to-USB cable that has this kind of flush connector at the lightning mount? It would absolutely make my day!! Thanks!

2. AlphaHumanus macrumors 6502

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

I think a "flat" connector that's like the one on the wireless charging system would not be very durable in the course of plugging and unplugging. We can guess you don't want to leave the iPad in the car.

I see 90 degree connectors out there but they still need room. You're probably going to have to re-think your mounting idea if a 90 won't work.