Looking for a Mac Compatible Game Controller

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andrew4whl, Aug 3, 2011.

1. andrew4whl macrumors newbie

I am trying to find a reasonably priced Mac compatible game controller....Any suggestions? I usually play FPS and RPG and Action/Strategy games. I would appreciate any suggestions.:)

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

What kind of controller? It is pointless do recommend "a" game controller if you don't know, or don't list, what features you need. A keyboard and mouse are sufficient for most FPS and RPG games.

3. afrye707 macrumors newbie

4. lostless macrumors 6502

I've never had an issue using any pc USB controller as the Mac can use any HID device. Also if you have a ps3 contoller laying around, apple has built in drivers for it Over bluetooth.

5. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

Wow never knew this..

6. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yeah I've been using the PS3 pad for Amnesia The Dark Decent on Steam, hooked up to my HDTV through a HDMI cable. I used an app from the app store to easily remap controls for the pad.

7. andrew4whl thread starter macrumors newbie

Looking for a Mac Compatible Game Controller

I had in mind a PS2 type controller w/extra buttons to assign commands to. The games I play are Assassin's Creed II, Mafia II, Alpha Protocol, etc. I have put aside AC2 because I'm stuck on a quest/mission because the key commands are to cumbersome to manage. You have almost multi-task to achieve the objective(catch and tackle a thief, all while dodging people and guards). My dexterity ain't that good. Do I make better sense now?

So most of you think a PS3 controller will work? I don't have a gaming system right now just my iMac.