Looking for a Mac compatible printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Darran, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Darran macrumors member

Guys, I have given up on HP Deskjet F2120, it has given nothing but problems. I install their drivers and they still won't get my printer to work. Fortunately, that is my uncle's printer and not mine. I am planning to get one of my own.

I am looking for a printer for my home, just to print occasional documents and also some pictures (rare). I have been told that Canon works well with Mac, not sure how true is that. But I have taken a fancy to the PIXMA MP145, but what do you guys think of it? Or which printer would you recommend me to get which works with a Mac?

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

These printers work well with OS X.

I have a Cannon MP640 and it's nice. Free with rebate when I got my MBP. I don't know what ink prices are like, but I've had it for about 6 months and it's just started to tell me that I'm starting to get low on color.

I also have a lexmark POC (stands for Piece of Crap :p ) and it works fine on 10.3, 10.4, and 10.5 without any drivers.

3. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

I have an epson R265 that works fine with OsX 10.4 but I prefer my old laserwriter 4/600. Does anyone know if this printer is still suported in leopard ?

4. Darran thread starter macrumors member

Apparently, the printer drivers is not listed there :(

I am looking for a budget printer and the MP640 isn't exactly one.

Is there any apple specific printers?

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The PPD for the LaserWriter 4/600 is part of the default installation of MacOS X.