Looking for a mac to play games on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by im-loving-it, Dec 20, 2015.

1. im-loving-it macrumors member

2. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

There are no CHEAP MacBook Pro's to play one game. If into gaming, check out the windows systems

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Compare the system requirements to the specs of the cheapest retina MacBook Pro? Seems pretty simple to me.

4. snaky69, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015

snaky69 macrumors 603

You really should learn to read system requirements. It's not rocket science. At all.

Since you want to be spoon fed the information, every single Mac laptop on the market at the moment apart from the retina Macbook can play that game easily.

OS: Any Mac you buy today will have the correct OS on it, that's a non-issue.

Processor: Any mac from the last 4 years or so has a "Core" processor from intel and meets this.

Memory: No mac that I'm aware of sold in the last 6-7 years has come with less RAM than 2GB, you're fine there.

Graphics: Those are all ANCIENT cards, if you'd googled a bit, you'd have found as much. You're good to go with any Mac.

Hard drive: Any mac will have plenty of space when bought new.

Like I said, it's not rocket science. Just compare what is required to what you have. Rule of thumb: bigger number is better.

Let's take a 13" retina MacBook Pro as an example. We'll go with the base model.

Processor: Says "Core" in the name, has a number of GHz bigger than 1.8. You're good.

Memory: Says it has 8GB, that is bigger than 2GB. Good to go.

Graphics: Here, google is your friend. The retina has an intel card. So let's compare apples to apples. Googling Intel GMA X3100 vs Intel Iris 6100 and reading around a bit would tell you the GMA X3100 came out back in '07. Any card made today (heck, the graphics card in my iPhone is better) beats it.

Hard drive: chances are you have plenty of free space left on a new computer, so that's a non-issue. You can also easily find out how much space you've got left.