Looking for a matte black, low profile, rigid, soft touch iPhone 4S case. Help!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by b24pgg, Oct 10, 2011.

1. b24pgg, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011

b24pgg macrumors 65816

EDIT: See post #12 for my selection

-----
    Does a case like this exist?

The Seidio Innocase Surface II is close, but it's a bit too bulky and I've read about the bottom part of the case coming apart easily, and the back design is a bit too much:

[​IMG]

So basically I'm looking for something like that except a bit less bulky and with a plain backside.

Any suggestions?

2. IXDoubleDXI macrumors regular

Check out the Incipio Edge. I got mine last Friday. It's a slider, matte black, low pro (w/out a phone it looks low pro) and it's soft to touch, but it's a hard case. I think it was like $18 w/Prime Shipping on Amazon. Comes with a screen protector too.

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

You'll probably like the Incipio Feather better.

It's matte black, only 1 mm thick, with no designs.

4. waser macrumors newbie

hi, been considering the incipio feather myself. Is the stock iPhone 4 Incipio Feather compatible with the iPhone 4S?

5. MiamiBourne macrumors regular

I just ordered this...they have a few videos on youtube. The price is good too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0RMHK9FC61WDZFFSG5PC

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Yep. They're made to be compatible with both AT&T and Verizon flavors.

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Incipio's website shows the same SKU for iphone4 and 4S, so I'd say probably so.

8. b24pgg, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

b24pgg thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for all the replies! I'm leaning towards one of the Incipio models now...either the Edge, Edge Pro, or NGP. Anyone know anything about the Edge Pro? I'm probably leaning towards either that or the Edge since the NGP isn't completely rigid and so the bottom lip above the dock connector can end up flexing a bit.

The only problem I have with the Feather is that it doesn't have face down tabletop protection...otherwise it'd be perfect.

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

Look at the Incase Snap. I've had one on my iphone4 since receiving it as part of the "case program" and have been very happy with it. The Snap extends slightly forward of the screen so the phone rests on the case when placed face down.

As with any of these, it's a good idea to at least have a film on the back, I use a cheap ebay static-cling type. Prevents scratching up the back if any dust or dirt gets behind the case (which happens)

10. waser macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses to my question also.

I think I'll get the feather to tide me over for a short while.

11. b24pgg thread starter macrumors 65816

Well I couldn't make a final decision so I ended up buying two - the Incipio EDGE in Matte Black and the Incipio NGP in Matte Translucent Mercury Gray. Once I see them in person hopefully I'll be able to make a final decision.

Incipio EDGE in Matte Black:
    [​IMG]

Incipio NGP in Matte Translucent Mercury Gray:
    [​IMG]

12. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3