Looking for a messenger bag for a 17" MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by skp574, Nov 8, 2007.

1. skp574 macrumors 6502

I am looking for a decent bag, messenger style for my 17" MBP. I need to put the power charger, some cables and a folder in it too. If it has a couple of pockets for an iPod/phone cool.

I am trying to find a vertical type bag, like the STMs but they don't go up to a 17" size that I like. I loved the brown/orange bag but that will only house a 15".

I have an Incase backback at the moment but want a messenger back, it looks more professional IMO.

If anyone has any experience, I'm all ears.

Cheers

2. Italchef macrumors 6502

Check out Timbuk2 for bags. I have a few ( although I don't use them for a computer) and they're really built well and have shown virtually no signs of wear in 2 years.

Mick

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

when I was at LAX a couple of days ago i saw a neat looking bag from Chrome Bags.

4. JudgeDanny macrumors regular

I have the Crumpler Dreadful Embarrassment bag :)

My only complaint about the bag is that if u look at the bag at a certain angle, you can see the MBP... not the greatest thing if you're trying to hide the fact you're carrying a laptop.....

aside from that.... it's got enough room to carry your MBP, cables, whatever u want to put in it.

I typically carry to work in that thing.....

- MBP
    - Power Adapter
    - nano
    - Creative Zen Vision:M
    - Kensington Lock cable

and a few binders...