Looking for a minimalist cell phone.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by darkredbbb, Oct 1, 2009.

1. darkredbbb macrumors newbie

darkredbbb

I already own a second generation iPod touch that I bought last year, and now I'm looking to get a cell phone. All I want from this phone is calling ability (obviously lol), SMS, Bluetooth technology and FM Radio. A camera is not a necessity, but it's plus.
    Since I already have the iPod to fulfill my multimedia needs, I want this phone to have a very simple and thin design, so that holding two devices in my pocket wouldn't be much of a hassle, even though it kinda is.

I would've gotten an iPhone, but I live outside the US and it's really expensive for me right now.

I'd appreciate any reply/opinion/advice.
    :)

2. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I have one of these and I really like it, for a minimalist phone. No FM radio but I don't know many mobiles that do.

3. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

Look at any basic Nokia's - easy to use and on pay as you go and usually less than 30 quid brand new.

AnDy

4. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Just about any Sony Ericsson phone has what you are looking for - including the FM radio. Many higher end Nokia's have the radio too.

5. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

what about a motorola V3 RAZR, the original one link

it's a basic phone with camera, it's very slim but kinda wide and pretty cheap on pay as you go.