Looking for a minimalist thin bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by trevorplease, Nov 2, 2011.

1. trevorplease macrumors regular

Looking for a bumper that

-relatively thin
    -fits powersupport front and back screen protectors
    -*proven not to scratch the sides of the phone*
    -unbranded/ small logo only

any recommendations? if no bumpers are available, is there any thin cases?

2. musika macrumors 65816

musika

+1 I'd love to see some cases in this thread.

I'm using the Speck PixelSkin HD. Real nice.

https://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-4-case/pixelskin-hd-for-iphone-4.html

3. TheSlimOne macrumors regular

SGP NEO HYBRID 2 EX

That is the most minimalist bumper you can get right there.I had it and loved it.

4. thanachai macrumors member

5. Mr. G macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Do those NEO Hybrids last? I've heard about durability issues re: the plastic ring.

6. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

7. TheSlimOne macrumors regular

Yea. Mine broke after a while. I would call the durability pretty suspect on them

8. netslacker macrumors 6502

That does indeed look sweet. I have two concerns tho, there doesn't appear to be any insulation between the case (aluminum) and the phone (antenna) and since it snaps together I wonder if I'll have pieces of it flying everywhere as soon as I drop my phone... just a thought. You'll have to let us know how it is once you get it.

9. Prototypical macrumors 6502

Prototypical

I'm a little concerned about it catching an edge in my pocket and disassembling itself while walking down the street.

10. polycat33 macrumors 6502

On their website they show a drop test, a woman dropping it from about shoulder height, and not only does it not snap apart when it lands, the case doesn't appear to have any damage, and the phone is completely pristine underneath. And since it doesn't fall asleep from a 1.5m drop I'd say it is highly unlikely it'll disassemble in your pocket.

I do wonder how it'll do with a screen protector or skin. I saw a review video that had a screen protector start to bubble on the edges after it had been on for a minute or so...

Let us know when you get it!

11. trevorplease thread starter macrumors regular

Where can I find this? SGP's site doesn't have one that is labeled "2" as far as I can see?

12. ac921ol macrumors regular

i just went with the incase snap case, in black.

Fits perfect, does what it needs, its a cover for the rear and the front has a little extra material to help protect the front glass.

will be getting a good screen protector for it and that is all.

13. trevorplease thread starter macrumors regular

While we're on the topic of incase, is there a reason why you chose to go with the snap case instead of the slider incase?