Looking for a monitor

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by resom, Dec 5, 2009.

1. resom macrumors member

So my boyfriend wanted the samsung xl2370 monitor for Christmas but I can't seem to find it in stock anywhere. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good monitor around 23" that would be good for gaming? I am hoping to pay around $300ish if possible since my budget is low because of being a college student. Thanks!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I have BenQ E2400HD which I've been satisfied with. Great inputs (DVI, HDMI, VGA), fast response time (2ms) and reasonable price (~200$). Also built-in speakers which were important for me because I use it for my PS3 sometimes so I don't have to carry an extra pair of speakers for sound.

3. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

I've heard of good dell monitors in your price range...samsung also has good monitors for that range...

use the search feature on the forum and you'll find plenty of threads...:)

4. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

just buy him anything about $250 and be done with it

tell him if its not the one he wants he can return it and buy the one he likes...

5. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Here's what I'd do. I'd keep looking for the samsung xl2370. If it get's close to Christmas and you still can't find it, I give him a gift card from a store that normally sells it for the amount of the monitor. Give him the gift card with a heartfelt explanation of why he's getting the gift card instead of the monitor. He'll still love you and ultimately he'll get exactly what he wants...