Looking for a mouse for 13.3" MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Branskins, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Branskins macrumors 65816

I am going back to college on Friday with a MBP and am wondering what the best mouse is for it!

I am looking for a blue tooth rechargable one so I don't have to worry about batteries! Even a corded-usb mouse is good enough!

Just so people know, I love the trackpad, but it is very difficult to play Warcraft III on it haha

Summary: what is a good corded-usb or blue tooth mouse for the MBP? :)

2. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

idk of many bluetooth mice besides the mighty mouse which I love but some good wireless USB mice are the microsoft arc mouse or the mx or vx series by logitech

3. Alasta macrumors regular

Alasta

This is just my personal experience and I'm sure others will offer differing opinions, but I have been disappointed with the quality of Logitech products and would not buy from them again.

The bluetooth Mighty Mouse would be well suited to your MBP, although they seem to be known to have some quality issues also.

I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000 which has been really good, although it takes AAA batteries and I'm not sure if they make a rechargeable version.

4. theMaccer macrumors 6502a

theMaccer

MX Revolution is on sale at BB for $40. It has a rechargeable battery, but will take up one of your USB port.

5. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

Logitech VX Nano! It kicks ass, small, the receiver is, well, NANO!

6. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

i use the MX revolution with mine. but you may want to wait until USB overdrive is updated or Logitech Control Center is. SL problems for me.

there are seriously 100 threads on this topic for mouses

7. gethyphyyo macrumors regular

Try a Rocket Fish bluetooth mouse. I got mines really cheap off eBay from a Best Buy auction.

There's a few reviews on YouTube of it, and people seem to like it a lot.

I really do enjoy using it over the mighty mouse. I don't use Expose so I don't mind the missing side buttons.

I also ordered a Belkin bluetooth comfort mouse from eXpansys it's supposed to be Belkin's newest product. It's not for sale in the US yet. say's it was released but you can't order it yet.

So I ordered it from eXpansys and it should be here tomorrow (took about 7 days to get the item from eXpansys London office) and was shipped next day to me.

any who. good luck

8. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

I LOVE my Razer Orochi, it's awesome, I highly suggest you take a look at it, it's kind of pricey, but sooo worth it. It's the best bluetooth / laptop mouse I've ever owned.