Looking for a new display...Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gazfocus, Aug 29, 2008.

1. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Hey all...I am returning my 23" ACD on Monday and hoping they will replace it under warranty...however, I will be selling the replacement to fund towards 2 new displays.

I have been looking at the Dell UltraSharp 2208WFP and 2408WFP but I want something with a similar sort of quality as the ACD. I will be buying 2 to run dual displays.

Is this a good idea (If so please suggest some good displays between 22" and 24") or do you think I would be better keeping my cinema display and buying a 2nd one?

2. ipo macrumors member

no sure

I'm not sure , but i'm in the market for a decent monitor as well.
    The Benq impressed me once , so i kinda tend to buy one of those brand new 24 " BENQ V2400w and may be someone out there could say a word about them.
    Also spotted: the AG Neovo - solid work- but a bit pricey..
    what do you think ? :confused:

3. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

OOOh I like that Benq V2400w. Does anyone know what kind of panel it uses?

Not so kean on the AG Neovo though.

Another option I was thinking would be 2 x 20" ACD's but 23" kinda looks 'standard' to me and I think anything smaller would be a struggle to get use to

4. osin macrumors 6502

You should consider Samsung monitors as well which in general have very thin frame, which helps a lot with dual monitor setup. Also some 24" models can also rotate to portrait position. Colors and sharpness of Samsung monitors is very good I would say that are much better than Dell's...

5. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

I've got the Dell 2408, it's loaded with every type of connection one could possible need, including 2x DVI ports + HDMI. It's the perfect monitor if you want to hook any videogame or home theater equipment up to it. The screen rotates, pivots and all that jazz too!

6. gazfocus thread starter macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Any idea what type of panel it uses?

Thanks