Looking for a new keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by lhgraphics, Aug 27, 2009.

1. lhgraphics macrumors newbie

So I had asked my wife for a new bluetooth keyboard and mouse for my birthday. She purchased the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500 Revolution. I didn't open the box, however nothing on the packaging mentions anything about working with my Mac.

I had a logitech USB wireless mouse and keyboard before that worked for a good 5 years and finally just died on me. This is what has prompted me to get a new set. I really liked my old keyboard and mouse since it had buttons on the keyboard and mouse that controlled volume, opened itunes, iphoto, and other features. Looking at the latest logitech keyboard and mice combo's I am shocked that they don't have a bluetooth version that works with all of the Mac computers.

I have searched all over the web and have found nothing or any recommendations that people have posted out there. Does anyone have any recommendations for what I am looking for?

Thank you in advance for all of your help.

2. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I personally think Apple's aluminum wireless keyboard is the nicest I've ever used. I'm sure there are tons of opinions out there, but I think the keyboard is great - I liked it so much I purchased a wired one for work. :p

Mouse is a different story. While I have three MMs (2 wireless & 1 wired) there is a lot of room for improvement. Even though it isn't BT, you might want to check out the Logitech Revolution MX or VX.

Cheers. :apple: