Looking for a new Macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ezekielrage_99, May 23, 2007.

1. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I'm in the market at the moment for a new laptop and I will definantly be getting a White MacBook with the 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. With Apple’s WWDC 2007 around the corner and the soon release of Leopard I am a little indecisive about whether or not to purchase a Macbook yet.

So buy now or when Leopard is released?

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Do you need it now? Will you need Leopard right away when it is released or can you wait? Nothing for the MacBooks at WWDC as they have just been "refreshed".

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Leopard is quite a while away: October apparently...but I would wait for WWDC incase there is an iLife update or something else cool...

4. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I thought it would be a good time to buy because the Macbooks have just been refresh however the Leopard thing it kind of at the back of my mind.

5. x Shadow Dragon macrumors regular

their just gonna keep releasing new operating systems and ur gonna keep waiting + the back to school sale is coming up soon, but u might want to wait for wwdc

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Like thousands of other posters, on thousands of other threads, I must ask you: Do you need it now? If you do, stop waiting, and buy it. If you won't need it until October, then buy one in October.

7. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

The day the free iPod offer comes out, jump on it :)

8. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

My younger brother at University got the free iPod (rebated) with his Macbook, I wish I could get the same.

9. Frankf300 macrumors regular

Frankf300

I would wait until WWDC just to see what they bring out. It isn't that far away, so that isn't a long wait. Personally, I can't figure out why so many people wait for the OS releases. Being a student, I'd only pay $69 for Leopard or any OS X for that matter. If I'm going to spend $1100+ on a Mac than the $69 a few months down the road really doesn't bother me. If I need a computer now, than I'm going to get it now, I can't keep letting a new OS release hold me up. So, if you need it now, buy now. The Macbooks were just refreshed so you're not going to get any new hardware. To me, October is a long ways away if you're in need of a computer. My $.02 at least. :D

10. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

When does that typically happen?

11. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Mid June to early September is the usual time span for the deal.

12. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

The iPod deal is valid in January and Febuary if you're in Australia.