Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MT37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
As the title says, I'm in the market for a new mouse. I do a lot of photoshop work, photo work, and editing. So I'm curious if there is a better mouse suited rather then the standard Apple mouse.

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
I have this one by Microsoft. It doesn't match (being blue) but my MightyMouse crapped and died on me and I had work to do, and it was the only mouse at any store near me that looked halfway decent and didn't cost a bundle.

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
I've posted this before, but my Razer Pro|Click V1.6 is smooth as silk, and it matches my iBook. It takes a bit to get used to the sensitivity, but it is very comfortable and tracks perfectly.

mateus

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2007
The Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3 is an excellent mouse, especially with gamers.

It's so good that when Microsoft stopped making it & introduced a newer version, they were force to start selling the older version again due to demand (the only difference is it's now black).

Having said that, it is an old mouse & so uses old technology (feels very dated compared to an :apple: mouse). If you've got the money, go for a Razer which is more in tune with the :apple: Mighty Mouse.

ErikAndre

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
Florida
This is going to sound pretty silly, but wait a week for your mouse purchase... there may be an apple mouse refresh at MacWorld (1/15). ;)

MT37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Thanks everyone!

This is going to sound pretty silly, but wait a week for your mouse purchase... there may be an apple mouse refresh at MacWorld (1/15). ;)

I plan on waiting for a few weeks, but I just want to know what people think prior to making a purchase.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I use a Logitech MX310. It's alright, wasn't that expensive, lots of buttons. Bought it for $25 from Newegg. The software isn't great, but it works.

bakechad

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2008
I think I will be looking for a new mouse as well. I'm buying my first Mac this month and don't really care for the Apple mouse.

Question: Does Leopard support use of the wheel on a "standard" mouse?

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
I know you mentioned wired, but I love my Logitech MX Rev.. I do web/photo/graphics work day in and day out and nothing compares to the ergonomics or having all of those buttons. Using SteerMouse you can customize the buttons based on what program you're in.

I also like that it doesn't take batteries - just recharges in its cradle at night and I never have to worry about that extra expense that comes with most wireless mice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.