Looking for a new mouse!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MT37, Jan 6, 2008.

1. MT37 macrumors regular

MT37

As the title says, I'm in the market for a new mouse. I do a lot of photoshop work, photo work, and editing. So I'm curious if there is a better mouse suited rather then the standard Apple mouse.

2. S600MBUSA macrumors regular

Do you want wired, Bluetooth, or one that's "wireless" and requires a small USB plug-in for the transmitter?

3. MT37 thread starter macrumors regular

MT37

Preferably wired.

4. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I have this one by Microsoft. It doesn't match (being blue) but my MightyMouse crapped and died on me and I had work to do, and it was the only mouse at any store near me that looked halfway decent and didn't cost a bundle.

5. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

I've posted this before, but my Razer Pro|Click V1.6 is smooth as silk, and it matches my iBook. It takes a bit to get used to the sensitivity, but it is very comfortable and tracks perfectly.

6. mateus macrumors member

mateus

The Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3 is an excellent mouse, especially with gamers.

It's so good that when Microsoft stopped making it & introduced a newer version, they were force to start selling the older version again due to demand (the only difference is it's now black).

Having said that, it is an old mouse & so uses old technology (feels very dated compared to an :apple: mouse). If you've got the money, go for a Razer which is more in tune with the :apple: Mighty Mouse.

7. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

This is going to sound pretty silly, but wait a week for your mouse purchase... there may be an apple mouse refresh at MacWorld (1/15). ;)

8. MT37 thread starter macrumors regular

MT37

Thanks everyone!

I plan on waiting for a few weeks, but I just want to know what people think prior to making a purchase.

9. adrake86 macrumors regular

Highly suggest waiting. :D

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I use a Logitech MX310. It's alright, wasn't that expensive, lots of buttons. Bought it for $25 from Newegg. The software isn't great, but it works.

11. bakechad macrumors member

I think I will be looking for a new mouse as well. I'm buying my first Mac this month and don't really care for the Apple mouse.

Question: Does Leopard support use of the wheel on a "standard" mouse?

12. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

I know you mentioned wired, but I love my Logitech MX Rev.. I do web/photo/graphics work day in and day out and nothing compares to the ergonomics or having all of those buttons. Using SteerMouse you can customize the buttons based on what program you're in.

I also like that it doesn't take batteries - just recharges in its cradle at night and I never have to worry about that extra expense that comes with most wireless mice.

13. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

I'd definitely recommend the Logitech MX Revolution cordless laser mouse, it's superb.

Edit: You beat me to it xfiftyfour!