looking for a new push email service

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wolf103FM, Apr 3, 2009.

1. Wolf103FM macrumors regular

I have been using mail2web for push email for several months now, but on May 1st they are removing activesync from free accounts, and I am trying to find another service (besides Yahoo where I never got push to work) (preferably Exchange) that has free accounts. I have to stay with free accounts for now since I'm laid off and have no idea when I will be working again. any suggestions? (Don't need push calendars or contacts, just mail)

2. Pared macrumors 65816

Don't know why Yahoo never worked for you. Works just fine for me.

Maybe give it another shot?

3. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

There are no free exchange services now that mail2web is no longer free. There are a good number that charge between $4 and $20 a month. Mobile Me would be your best bet if you want it to work with your iPhone if you're going to pay.

If you're patient, Google will probably include Gmail in with their Google Sync services in the future, which would give you push calendars, contacts and mail.

4. Wolf103FM thread starter macrumors regular

I've been trying it for months, with both my iPhone and Touch, and multiple yahoo accounts, still no push. Contacted yahoo about it yesterday and got a response back that they will send it on to the engineering team, but who knows how far that will get me.

5. Almy macrumors 6502

Yahoo's push has worked fine on my 3G for months.