Looking for a news widget...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thejadedmonkey, May 17, 2007.

1. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I'm trying to find a news widget. One where I can enter a bunch of RSS feeds, and have them all display in a nice clean interface. I want it to be one widget, not 5 or 6 widgets that are each specific to one site.

Right now I use OneQube and it's (sadly) the best I can find, but I have to re-enter the RSS feeds on each reboot, and I got sick of that after one reboot.

Does anyone know of a suitable widget for my tastes?

2. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

Anything wrong with the standard News-reader included with your dashboard? Otherwise, I would check Apple's widget directory.

3. thejadedmonkey thread starter macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

What's the standard news reader included with OS X? and I haven't been able to find anything in Apple's widget directory. I may end up having to use dashcode and make my own :-\

4. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

Well, I'm not sure if this applies to your system, but when I installed OS X, it already had a news reader in my dashboard by default. It allows me to add rss-feeds from any site and view all the news in one widget. I don't use it but it seems pretty stable.

If you don't have it, you can get it here.

5. iMichael72 macrumors regular

I didn't know about that either, Vinnie_vw. Thanks for the tip.

Works great.

6. oneQube macrumors newbie

oneQUbe

Jadedmonkey: I'm with oneQube widget support and just want to let you know that in about 6 weeks we'll be updating oneQube widget to support saving your personal RSS as well as configuring all the feeds to your liking. If you notice on www.widgetqube.com there's a login feature that says 'Coming Soon'. This is where you will be able to configure an account to save RSS feeds in oneQube widget. Thanks for trying us out and if you're interested in trying the new feature when it's released, register for the newsletter at contact at widgetqube.com.

-oneQube widget support

:)