Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Gurus...

I'm a bit bored of having to reach around the back of my iMac to plug USB devices in, so I'm looking for a nice 4 or 5 port USB hub to take care of duties.

Ideally in white and also ideally one that doesn't need a seperate power supply if possible and also one with the USB ports at the front, as I've seen a few but the ports all seem to be at the back of the device. :confused:

Anyway, what ya got!? :D

Cheers. :)

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Gurus...

I'm a bit bored of having to reach around the back of my iMac to plug USB devices in, so I'm looking for a nice 4 or 5 port USB hub to take care of duties.

Ideally in white and also ideally one that doesn't need a seperate power supply if possible and also one with the USB ports at the front, as I've seen a few but the ports all seem to be at the back of the device. :confused:

Anyway, what ya got!? :D

Cheers. :)

You really do want the separate power supply. USB ports can power the divides you plug into them. An unpowered USB hub can only share the power it gets from the power it is plugged into. That is not enough for five other devices. You need the little power cube unless your only devices are flash RAM sticks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.