Looking for a Notetaking App for school.

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by a*ho, Dec 26, 2011.

1. a*ho macrumors newbie

I recently got a ipad2 and I have been searching for a note taking app but there are just so many that I do not know which one to purchase. I don't want to waste my money buying an app and finding out it isn't so great.

I'll be using my ipad with a bluetooth keyboard and will mainly be taking my notes with the keyboard. I need it to also record my lecture and it'll be great if I can just click the word and it'll go back to the recording. Also need the app to stay running if I decide to click out of the app and go to some other programs..

I've done some research and a lot of people liked Notes +, Notability, Complete Class Organizer, CourseNotes..

anyone have feedback or reviews on the ones that they actually used?

Thanks in advance

2. Mdifilm macrumors regular

This is all personal taste. I have used a lot of them and still having hard time to decide which is my fav. Maybe you an list what you want to do with it and people can post their preference. However, like may thread here, you will end up with a lot of choices and still not sure what you want to get.

There is a thread with an user vote and result. Search for that thread. May get you more info.

3. a*ho thread starter macrumors newbie

Mdifilm, Thanks. I have searched other threads and i've looked at some apps. Some free and some that cost money. I just wanted to get more input and see if any other people have purchased or used any recent apps.

List of things i need the app to have:

- Able to Record the lectures in class
    - compatible with Bluetooth keyboard
    - clean and simple layout
    - be able to run the app and do other stuff on the iPad while its recording
    - Sync the audio with my notes
    - Be able to keep my notes organize due to different subjects

if it has other things like calendar or anything to stay organize would be a plus.

hope that helps.