Looking for a perfectly matched display for my iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by coocooforcocoap, Jun 21, 2013.

1. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

What i have now (which is really podunk) is shown in the attachment below.
    Can anyone recommend a monitor that will match in height and appearance? thx!
    Machine: Late 2012 iMac

Attached Files:

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Since you want a monitor that will match in height and appearance your only option is to purchase another 2012 iMac and use it in target display mode.

3. coocooforcocoap thread starter macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

ha, that would be overkill. okay, match-ish then. as close as possible. something better than my current solution :) thx.

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

OK, then the obvious only only answer is a 27" Thunderbolt Display. Nothing else will come close to matching or the height of the 27" Thunderbolt Display. The 27" Thunderbolt Display does not have the chin and is not exactly the same height but you will find nothing closer.

5. coocooforcocoap thread starter macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

thx again. Surprising... but i can't seem to see anything from this end either. The philips IPS i am using on top of the fruit bowl is 1/5th the cost of a TB display. Maybe something like that, but with an adjustable stand to match the height of the iMac... hmmm

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Get a tabletop-mount adjustable VESA arm for your Philips. It won't look like your Mac, but you'll be able to position it where you want.

7. coocooforcocoap thread starter macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

Alas, that display does not support VESA... but it was dirt cheap for an IPS panel. thx for the idea however, that would have been better than a fruit bowl.

8. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Nothing a Sawz-All, an aluminum plate, and some two-part epoxy couldn't fix! ;)

9. coocooforcocoap thread starter macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

ha, none of which is available in my village here in Nepal. but I could go the electronics shop just 5 km away and get a new display, with a VESA mount already on the back. we got those. but swivel arms, no way -- salad bowls, plenty. but i like the idea of making an arm from scratch, unfortunately all i got is a Leatherman to work with...