Looking for a Photo Printer

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AndrewLyle, Jan 21, 2009.

1. AndrewLyle macrumors member

Hello,

Im looking for a printer to keep at college. I would like to spend under $300

Here is where things get tricky, i would love to get a decent quality photo printer, probably something that can handle media that is bigger than 8.5x11... Im taking 12megapixel photos and would like to make some nice big prints...

Unfortunately i know that most of its action will be printing out black & white, normal homeworks and papers on normal printer paper... So is it worth spending the money to get something i can print photos with every once in a while.

Heres what im thinking

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828103195

Any other suggestions?

2. Cliff3 macrumors 65816

Cliff3

Probably not. You may want to use a service bureau for your photo prints and buy an inexpensive printer to deal with your schoolwork. For that matter, if you're taking any photography courses, the labs at school might have printers you can use for a nominal cost.

3. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

A photo printer is primarily for printing photos and it would be a waste to print anything else on them. Sounds like you would do better by buying a laser printer for your text work and send photos in to a printing service for your occasional prints.

4. pkagel macrumors regular

Ditto that. When you factor in paper and ink costs it is generally cheaper to go to Sam's club and print out pics there.