Looking for a Photo Sharing Site

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by BryanSchmiedele, Jan 26, 2014.

1. BryanSchmiedele macrumors member

I have been looking for a great photo sharing site for months now, but cannot find what I want. It seems like what I want is so simple, so basic, but it just isn't there..or I can't find it.

I want to be able to upload photos and videos to a gallery, like "Caribbean Cruise Vacation". I want to be able to put some text in each picture, maybe 3 sentences or so. Not just "The Bahamas" but something more substantial. And then I want to be able to send a URL to friends and family so they can look at this gallery.

I DON'T want crap all over the screen (that knocked out PhotoBucket right away). I am not trying to sell photos, I don't give a crap about sharing on social media sites. I am intrigued by the Storehouse, but it is iPad only, and I would really like to be able to do this on my computer.

I will pay money for a service like this.

What would be ideal is something that integrates into iPhoto/Aperature.

Basically I want that service Apple used to offer, before iCloud came along and replaced it. I can't remember the name.

Please, there has GOT to be something like this out there!

2. Alrescha macrumors 68020

Well, I will admit that I am a novice when it comes to photo sharing, but to me you just described iCloud photo sharing via iPhoto.

A.