Looking for a portable firewire HDD

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Hey all

I've found a few USB hard drives around that can fit nicely in a shirt pocket and are bus powered with capacities of up to 100GB.

However as I'm overblown on USB devices right now i'd like to look for a firewire one to go with both my iMac and Macbook so I was wondering if anyone could suggest something of a similar size. If not I'll go with the USB one but fire wire would be advantageous.

I'm in the UK so if anyone can suggest a pocket sized firewire HDD I can get here that'd be fantastic. :)

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Notice this is an advice and discussion forum? Saying to google it isn't really that appropriate an answer is it? Sure I can google it, I want people's advice on one.

Geez...

EDIT: And that's an enclosure too....not a HDD...

x704

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2006
iPod :D

There are some other slightly larger laptop external HDs that are readily available for less $$.

I guess it depends on how much money is in your wallet and how big your pocket is for the HD.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
LastLine said:
Notice this is an advice and discussion forum? Saying to google it isn't really that appropriate an answer is it? Sure I can google it, I want people's advice on one.

Geez...

EDIT: And that's an enclosure too....not a HDD...
Notice how you are being a bit obtuse, condescending and lacking somewhat in manners.

You also notice how i typed a SIMILAR query and got what I wanted because I googled for it. Basically you are making the task harder than what it should be. You didn't list anything in particular about your desire for a portable HD other than you wanted a small one. So my answer again is google for it.

Or maybe it just the way different people work. Rather than bum straight away into a forum I usually take the time to look for it myself and THEN if I'm stumped I'll make a new topic.

What I suggested was more than enough, it was a hint and an answer. Now if you had asked about the design aspects or reliability of a product thats different, I rarely trust website reviews and would look towards a forum for help. You asked neither, you just wanted something small with firewire. Your ignorance blinded you to the fact that the page I gave you also displayed relevant search words incase you bothered to do the search.