Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

docprego

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
1. Smart cover auto sleep/wake supported.
2. Rear shell that is made of TPU, not hard plastic.
3. Ability to fold the smart cover completely back and flat against the rear of the case.
4. Stand and typing modes.

Please note I am not seeking a separate TPU back shell to work alongside the Apple Smart Cover. I would like an integrated folio style case.

So far I have found the following:

1. Speck Pixelskin HD. Meets most of my criteria but I really dislike the style and reviews are for the most part negative.
2. Tucano Schermo. I saw it in person and was put off by the fact that the TPU rear shell was sewn into the case and the stitching was exposed and really sloppy and would rub against the back of the iPad.
3. Apple Smart Case. Tried this one. Fit was very poor.
4. Speck Magfolio. Looks promising but I can't find a local place to buy or see it.

That's about it. Does anyone have any more suggestions?

Last edited:

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
hmmm . . . I have been looking a lot lately, and two that might fit are:

Melkco Slimme

Knomo

I ordered the Knomo last week.

(I know you ruled out the two-piece smart cover/incipio smart feather option, but when I have this set on you have no idea it's two pieces. And it's really thin. But when I travel I like protection, so switch to a case with more coverage.)

docprego

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
Thanks for the suggestions. I believe my search came to an end today. Basically having looked everywhere I stopped in an AT&T retail store to see if they might have any options. I found a case there called the Moshi Concerti. It's a VERY interesting case and really meets all of my requirements. It's a soft microfiber exterior folio type case with a thick silicone frame inside to hold the iPad.

pmacuser

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2012
San Diego, CA
Thanks for the suggestions. I believe my search came to an end today. Basically having looked everywhere I stopped in an AT&T retail store to see if they might have any options. I found a case there called the Moshi Concerti. It's a VERY interesting case and really meets all of my requirements. It's a soft microfiber exterior folio type case with a thick silicone frame inside to hold the iPad.

I should check it out! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.