Looking for a price database for retail products

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dugbee, Nov 18, 2009.

1. dugbee macrumors regular

Hi all,

I'm looking for an app that will let me keep track of prices paid for various retail products. I don't need something that will *look up* prices, but a simple database that will let me keep a record of the lowest price paid at various stores.

Let's say I buy a big pack of paper towels at Target, it was on sale, and I used a coupon. I'll record this as my "lowest price paid." Since I buy such a big pack, it'll be quite a while before it's time to buy again.

Next time around, I'll want to see if the warehouse club is cheaper, and be able to look at my history to compare. The intent is to track things I don't buy often, but can buy in bulk.

Right now I just keep a list of products grouped by store, using the "Notes" application. If there isn't a specific app for this type of thing, I guess I'm looking for a simple database app that will let me customize my own tables/fields.

Any recommendations?

thanks!

2. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

You could try Bento. It's an easy to use database app that has a desktop version as well. Not the cheapest option but it does the job well. I use it in tandem with desktop version to keep track of my work projects.

3. pftecoffers macrumors newbie

price DB for retail products

Pathfinder offers a range of software products and Retail Point of Sale software solutions which integrate a wide spectrum of customer requirements, streamlining business functions and increase organizational efficiency with a definite mark of quality with a ROI assurance.
    http://pftec.com