Looking for a privacy screen for uMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by phishindsn, Dec 23, 2009.

1. phishindsn macrumors regular

I have a late model 2009 unibody 13" Macbook Pro. For most of my work laptops (pc's) I have always purchased a screen filter for protecting my work when others are around. I am trying to find one for my macbook that allows me to remove it if needed and still allow the macbook to shut. With this rubber edge that goes around the screen it seems there is no product that fits in the gap between the keys and the screen while letting the laptop shut.

I now carry around one from my pc's but now I have to take it out of the laptop, shut the laptop and then make room for this film in my bag. All while hoping that it doesn't get bent or damaged. At $50 it's a risk that I don't want to spend money on again.

The one I am using now is made by 3M and its great. It's just size for a 17" screen...so it looks odd.

Any help?

2. phishindsn thread starter macrumors regular

3. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

4. phishindsn thread starter macrumors regular

That's a really old product. You should of posted the image instead like this.
    [​IMG]
    I am not trying to be that secretive but I often do work on my laptop and its company confidential and I can't really have any lookie loo's peaking over my should while flying, at a cafe, or what not. Well I could if I wanted to get fired.

5. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

6. phishindsn thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the recommendation. I am currently using a polarizing film but it's too large. I was just trying to see if anyone found one that fits the 13" MacBookPRO. With the rubber housing around the screen, you can't leave this film between the screen and the case without having the lid slightly open. Thus creating a weird pressure point when placing the laptop in a case or bag.

This was all stated in the OP.