Looking For A Pro Developer To Build My Iphone App....asap

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miked2750, Aug 2, 2008.

1. miked2750 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have recently come up with an idea for an iPhone app, seemingly
    similar to a few apps but actually very unique. I have all the rough
    plans, screen mockups, etc, and the basic design of how I want it to
    work...Problem is, I am no developer, and need someone to write the app.

I obviously can't go into too much detail without confidentiality
    agreements, etc, but let me know if this intrests anyone in anyway. I need a SERIOUS, PROFESSIONAL developer. All I can say about the app is it would be very simple to
    use, cheap (.99), and something that, if my goal happens, will be
    something that no iphone shall be without.

Like I said, I have all the basic plans, mockups of screens, design,
    name, price, everything ready to go, just looking for someone to build
    the app- either for a flat price up front, or nothing up front and
    share of profits, or something in between...Please let me know if this
    intrests any of you at all, or if not any advice you could give me on finding
    someone to do this, thanks a lot.

I am ready to start talks immediately, so if you are a PROFESSIONAL developer, able to design a graphics heavy app, please contact me at michaeldunning (AT) gmail (dot) com right away. Please include links to/examples of apps or other programs you have designed, for my review.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

If you expect someone to make an app for you and then you collect profit from it, expect them to ask you for some decent amount of money as well.

3. miked2750 thread starter macrumors newbie

Like I said in my original post which you obviously did not read:

"just looking for someone to build
    the app- either for a flat price up front, or nothing up front and
    share of profits, or something in between..."

I have up to a $10,000 budget right now to get this started.

4. wronski macrumors 6502

You've got it all wrong. If you do indeed find a developer it is you who should get the smaller part of the profits/flat fee.

5. miked2750 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats up to the developer and I to figure out.

Why should the developer get 90% of profits my FROM IDEA, all they are doing is writing the app becuase thats what developers do...and I can not. Like I said, I have up to a $10,000 budget right now, so any interested devs please contact me, and we can work out the profit sharing.

6. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

$10k to write an app that has the potential to make YOU $100k or more.
    Sorry I don't see it happening...
    A $10k budget is only going to get you 1 dev for about 3 wks solid. Better hope they are willing to work that cheap and finish on time.

7. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

If only life is as simple as how you imagine it, then what's the point of a real job?

8. wronski macrumors 6502

Find a teenager and you're golden. Know however that most likely you're going to need more than just one person; at least a programmer and a designer. Edit: I guess you said you already have the design done.

9. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

well without a developer, your idea wont come to reality now will it?

who will offer the technical support? oh thats right, the developer most likely at first

how about you take your 10k and learn to program? seriously, then you can rake in 100% of the profits!

on the other hand, it is against forum rules to solicit for jobs and such....

10. miked2750 thread starter macrumors newbie

Like Ive mentioned multiple times, I am more than willing to work out a deal with a dev that will include an up front payment, PLUS a share of profits, or whatever deal THE DEVELOPER AND I come up with...I am simply looking for an interested developer, thats all, I don't get why everyone is trying to call me out.

11. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

This thread is becoming a discussion of pipe dream for little kids.

12. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

you people are so negative around here.

there a ton of young talented developers who would just love to get their name attached to a decent, widely distributed application. it's not just the up front cash for the developer all the time. sometimes it's the recognition and the opportunity for something in a portfolio that can hook them. look at the amount of freeware out there.

imagine walking into a development firm, possibly the firm you've dreamed of working for with something in your back pocket like an application that sold a million copies on itunes.

to the OP:

if you're serious, take some of that investment money and do the legal parts first- copyright and such. you can own an idea only if someone hasn't owned the idea first.

edit:
    also i have been trying to find a developer to build an app for me, i don't want any credit i just want the app to be out there because i know a bunch of people who want it developed too.

13. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

I apologize for not being supportive of this little kid's get rich scheme.

14. miked2750 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you.

And yes I am already on the the legal work relating to copyrights and such, but most importantly am looking for developers...

My offer is to pay $10,000 up front for the app to be built, and share 50% profits...developers...contact me

15. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I wish I could help you out. I'm planning on learning coding in school sometime soon. So down the road I will be glad to! :)... Too bad that won't do me much good. You have a good plan to target young, or experienced iPhone fans that can do the coding, but haven't got an idea to build. Like I said Good Luck!

16. tweaks macrumors regular

17. firewood macrumors 604

$10k would pay for 100 hours at $100 per hour of contract work. With all contract for hire work assigned to you, and if you can find a developer who could do your app in about 2 weeks, you could keep 100% of the profit, with nothing but the hourly pay for the developer.

18. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

19. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Why is everyone ganging up on the OP? His plan sounds mighty fair to me...some startup $, and profit sharing. Isn't that how most stuff gets done?

I know graphic designers with a couple of app ideas but no programming skills. I've also met coders with absolutely no creative bones in their bodies. Collaboration is the key to success.

Seems to me the people ganging up on the OP probably have neither design or coding skills and are jealous.

20. markgamber macrumors 6502

Little kid? Scheme? Big words, prove both. Prove 'em. Put up or shut up, this bullsh*t is tiresome.

21. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Yeah that is not correct. Programmers work for flat-fees an salary all the time.

I might suggest you try one of the programming work sites. They are slipping my mind right now, but if you can't find them I will get you some names. They are pretty good for getting people to bid for programming projects. I just checked ELance and there are several IPhone SDK programmers available for hire. Other freelance services will have more as well.

Look at the App Store right now. The idea and concept is at LEAST as important as the coding.

22. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

It is funny how your ridicule and accuse someone with a proper business plan and proposal of being a little kid. Me thinks your ignorance is beyond massive in this case and you might need to slink away before you look even more foolish.

23. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Exactly.

For example, some of my developer buddies do the coding for the menus in DVD players, TVs, microwave ovens, and such. (Yes, they think the UIs suck, too, but they're following scripts.)

Naturally they get a flat fee, not a percentage of the product sales.

24. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

IMO if you really want your app on everyone's phone, I'd make it free.